Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I suppose this could be the home stretch.

If you've seen my facebook page, you'll see that I write notes of things I've learned over the school year. Good and bad. This year won't be any different, except that it's on my blog and not fb. Finishing my third year here at Doane is just really surreal. I don't really know if that was the best word for it, but, as I learned from Ralph Waldo Emerson (in my 19th century American lit &&& Environmental lit classes), language is just a perversion of nature. And I might have stuck that in an essay during my environmental lit final yesterday. But I digress. . .
So without further ado, here's my list for 2010-2011. Junior year, yo.


  1. God doesn't need us, but we need Him more than anything else in the world. I know for myself, my priorities get messed up sometimes, but God will always love and be there for me, no matter what.
  2. Humility is always a struggle.
  3. Deadlines suck no matter what.
  4. PBR is like George Washington peeing down your throat. Okay, not really. That's disgusting. But it is about as American as a person can get.
  5. Oprah Winfrey is a goddess. . . I guess. And in all actuality, OWN sucks.
  6. Don't take your friends and family for granted.
  7. Quality time is my love language.
  8. Great-Grandma Payne kept the coolest stuff. Like newspaper clippings of my roommates'/cousins' restaurant.
  9. Juicers are THE BEST. $2.50 at Walmart. Get on it.
  10. Operation "Git Huge" is still fun.
  11. Stuff is just stuff. I got robbed twice this year.
  12. Nice weather makes the crazies come out.
  13. If your doctor talks about elbow surgery, take him seriously.
  14. 8 o'clock classes are the worst. Especially when they're anti-communist and the teacher is a slave driver (JARVIS).
  15. Irish Cream Lattes. Balls, yes.
  16. Lion King on SNES is easily the coolest game out there.
  17. Right after Dutch Blitz.
  18. And connections (not really, that game blows.)
  19. God has a funny way of doing things, that just beg you to say aloud, "Touche God, well played."
  20. English classes are pretty neat. As are art classes. And history classes when they aren't with Kim Jarvis.
  21. Moustaches mean business.
  22. I love my 305 boys. (Jason, Josh, Vince, Kyle, Micah and Brad. And Chase and Red by association)
  23. Amigos apparently doesn't take walk-through orders. Rude.
  24. Get to the vans on time, because Dunny will leave your butt behind.
  25. Djembes are too cool.
  26. I now know how to fill my power steering fluid and how to jump start a car. I'm considering opening my own shop. lol.
  27. East Coast is the best.
  28. I actually really love lists. About as much as I love my roomies Mairin, Sarah, Emily, Rachel, Molly & Courtney. And sometimes Mikayla. (:
  29. I can't wait to get out of this dorm.
  30. Sometimes you don't get what you want. There's a reason for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment