Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hardcore in Love

Yup, I'm in love.

     You may find yourself asking, "Brit, who's the lucky guy?" But actually, I consider myself the lucky one. He loved me before I ever knew Him. He knows all the bad things I've done and is still completely enamored with me.  He thinks I'm beautiful, even when I'm wearing my sweatpants, no makeup, and I'm sitting like a man. Yeah, I have it made. So who is it? There's only One that I could ever begin to love like this: Jesus. It seriously boggles my mind that the Creator of the entire Universe is truly, madly, deeply in love with me. How did I get to be so lucky?

     And something else that I love about Him loving me: He loves to hear me sing to Him. He doesn't care if it's out of key, raspy, or if I sound like Billie freaking Holiday. What I really love about that is that I get to worship Him and listen to my favorite type of music. Metal.

August Burns Red

Brian "Head" Welch, formerly of Korn 

Sleeping Giant (Yes, they're praying)


     I'm not positive what's gotten into me lately, but as of recently, I've completely submerged myself into the Christian metal scene. And I love it. Not that I didn't love it before, but this is something completely different. Knowing that these musicians are up there worshipping and praising the same God that I love is just inspiring.  They can sound like any other secular metal band, but the message is so much deeper, therefore making it sooo much better (in my opinion). For example,Here I am, God. Send me to the world. There is a burden on my heart to let the world know that You are God. From You, the mighty King of Kings, I learn the word that sustains the weary heart. But, I have been silent for far too long. I love them too much to sit back and watch them die. So take the life that you gave to me, Lord, and speak your heart to a generation. 

Brothers and sisters, my prayer for you has been heard. And you can take refuge and hope in this Word: This is the end of the world as we know it. Death will hold no power. Dry your tears and lift your head. Death will hold no power.

Let the light of life shine down upon a people in darkness.

We are the grateful forgiven; the restored and renewed. We will take for ourselves no rest until we are face of God on the earth. And take no rest, God. Take no rest for yourself. Take no rest, oh Lord. May we be the generation to bring your glory down.

Our generation will prophecy. So let the world know, we are a dynasty. (For Today, Isaiah (The Willing), from their 2009 album, Portraits). 
For Today
     And it sounds like a straight up metal band. For real. I'm also pretty sure that God loves the sound of crunchy guitars.  I guess what I'm trying to say in this post is that God doesn't care what your worship sounds like, just as long as you do it. He so longs for your love, and for you to have a relationship with Him. Even if you can't see it, know that He is pursuing you. He loves you, even when you're feeling less than beautiful, struggling with sin, turning your back on Him. He's always there for you and is willing to help you out of the crap. I pray that you have a blessed, glorious, and peculiarly loud and crunchy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment