Saturday, September 14, 2013

Chamomile

Oh. My. Gosh.

I said it in my last post, these chamomile soaks are working wonders. No doubt. No more red, itchy, inflamed bump on the back of my anti tragus. Now it's just an itty bitty bump that peels every now and then. I think I'll be able to change to a smaller post soon. I can live with that for a while, but I'm also ready for it to be a fully-healed piercing. (:
Look at this progress!
For anyone dealing with an angry cartilage piercing:  SOAK YOUR NEW PIERCING WITH  CHAMOMILE! I cannot stress how well this worked for me. Seriously, two weeks, soaking once or twice a day after cleaning it in the shower with warm water, and being hyper-aware of what was touching my new blingy ear, and the scarring is almost non existant. If you're going to spend all that money to get a piece of high-quality jewelry ripped through your tender flesh, the least you can do is do what you can to keep you piercing as healthy as it can be. Truth.
The magical, anti-inflammatory flower that has changed my outlook on healing times.
Also, something kind of cool happened to me today at work. I met someone else with an anti tragus piercing! She said hers was loud. Mine wasn't, but I do remember it being a little more painful than what I was expecting. It was a first for me and I was a little creepy about it. . .surprise? I don't care, I probably won't ever see this woman again in my life.

EDIT: Definitely saw that woman again. She was in my section at work this weekend and left me a killer $6 tip. Anti tragus buddies for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment