Recently, I was nominated for a Liebster award by Lauren. When I say recently, I really mean two and a half weeks ago. . .close enough. She and I were in a movie together a few years ago, and she's such a cool person. Her blog is really great, too. So check it out.
Okay. So about how long it took me to get around to doing this. It's just been a weird couple of weeks. I haven't necessarily been busy, just not in the right mindset to write. Whatever. I'm over it and writing now.
Here we go.
The Liebster Award is an award distributed by bloggers for blogger with under 200 followers. Rad, right? It's a cool way to learn more about the writers behind the blogs you read.
1. Choose 11 other up-and-coming bloggers and link to them in your Liebster post.
2. Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger set for you, then create 11 different ones for the bloggers you will choose.
3. Let those bloggers know you nominated them.
4. No tag backs. No mulligans. No puppy guarding. Okay, just don't tag the person who nominated you. Or puppy guard. It's the worst.
5. Display the Liebster logo. Nailed it.
Lauren's Questions to Me
1. Did you like coffe the first time you tried it?
Like, straight, black coffee? No. I still don't like black coffee. When I do drink coffee, which is a rare occurrence indeed (I'm a tea person), it needs to be so diluted with cream and sugar it just vaguely resembles the drink it began as.
2. Quick. Fast. Most beautiful celebrity ever. Male or female. I don't care.
Ryan Reynold is the prettiest man I've ever seen. He's also hilarious, so that helps.
3. Which book have you most enjoyed over the past 5 years? Why?
Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey, for a couple different reasons. A) Up until spring 2011, I had never read a novel about the environment. B) It made me fall in love with Arches National Park - a real place I've never been. It's easy to fall in love with a fantastical environment, however, this book doesn't romanticize the park. It just is what it is. And it's a beautiful, decaying/living place. I love it.
4. What is your favorite season of the year? Why?
Baseball season. Go Royals & Giants! (I can do that because they're in different leagues. And because I do what I want.)
5. Is there a blog that you read every day? Which one?
I don't know if this really counts. . .I'm on If You Can't Afford to Tip a lot. There are just a lot of relatable things for anyone in the service industry. And I love laughing at stupid people.
6. Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
Milk chocolate. Hands down. Any day of the week.
7. Which cartoon did you watch the most when you were little?
Either Rugrats or Cowboys of Moo Mesa
8. If you could be a kitchen appliance, what would you be? Why?
I've actually discussed this topic before. I'd be an ice cube maker because I want everyone to chill. (:
9. How do you feel about the Oxford comma?
You know I have an opinion on this. I was an English student. It's a necessary part of punctuation that's frequently overlooked.
|That last comma makes all the difference.|
10. If they made another Austin Powers movie, who would you cast as the newest leading lady?
Cloris Leachman. . .is she still alive? I don't care. Her. I'd cast her.
11. Which are cuter, puppies or kittens? And no saying "baby hedgehogs," because obviously they would win.
This is an impossible question to answer. I love both sooooooooo much. Baby red pandas? I cheated and I'm not ashamed.
My Brainbusters for you:
- Crumple or fold? (toilet paper, that is.)
- How do you feel about people who chew on ice?
- How do we know each other?
- *NSync or Backstreet Boys? Why?
- What is one book that changed your life? How?
- How is your life different than what you had imagined it would be at age 11?
- Is there one piece of jewelry that you always wear?
- Why aren't tattoos/facial piercings acceptable in the majority of professional workplaces?
- Could you survive without sunglasses? Obviously I'm being dramatic. How would forgetting your sunglasses at home impact your day?
- What language do you love to listen to, but don't understand or speak any yourself? Why?
- What is your favorite color combination?
AND THE NOMINEES FOR A LIEBSTER AWARD (from Britni) ARE:
Can I Get That in Cornflower Blue? - Josh
In These Shoes - Chelsea
Grace and Peace - Mairin
Stepping Out From the Old and Into The New - Amanda
Coffee and Crayolas with Ms. Roemmich - Kat
Jealous for Me - Hillary
Things I See God Do. . . - Stephanie
Point of Focus - Laura
I know there are only 8. I honestly don't follow a lot of blogs, but these ones are my favorites. Some of the people don't post often/haven't posted in a while, but I hope this sparks them back into writing. *fingers crossed*
Lauren, thanks so much for nominating me! I can't wait to read what everyone else writes. (: