Monday, March 21, 2011

A Compilation of Unfortunate Ideas That Seemed to Make Sense at the Time.

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. Oscar Wilde


You may say that now, Mr. Wilde, but you don't know what I've just been through. Today's been one of those days, you know? Where nothing rolls in your favor and everyone and their dog is out to get you. Perhaps I'm being a little melodramatic and paranoid. Regardless of my paranoia, things haven't been working out too well for me these past 18 hours. Let me lay this all out for you:



  1. Stayed up until 2 staring at my ceiling. Not sure why, maybe I was afraid it wouldn't be there when I woke up. I don't think my ceiling would just bail on me on a Sunday night.
  2. Hit snooze, like, 20 times.
  3. Once I finally woke up, as I was attempting to crawl out of my loft, I fell. And not just a slip, I fell and ate it hard. In the process, I'm pretty sure I pulled a hip flexor.
  4. Took the longest shower I ever could. Resulted in me being late to class.
  5. Didn't read the short story for Environmental Lit. gag.
  6. [This one wasn't actually my doing] Brad Johnson ruined the end of Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury for me. I might as well not finish it.
  7. Didn't go to my drawing class. Whatev.
  8. Got caught up one www.cutewithchris.com. I'm helpless against cute animals and witty captions.
  9. According to pitchfork.com, Bassnectar sucks and I listened to him today. We all know that what pitchfork says is truth.
  10. Admitted to being a Royals fan. . . wait a second.
  11. Eating in the caf at dinner today. Not even worth it.
  12. Accidentally hit on some poor, defenseless skinny-guy. That was probably terrifying for him. So, anonymous skinny-guy, I'm sorry.
  13. Listened to Rebecca Black's song "Friday."
  14. Was 15 minutes late to practice. Oops.
  15. Listened to "Friday" again in hopes that it could be better. It wasn't.
  16. Failed to follow through at all during practice.
  17. Touched sweaty Brad's face while he was doing abs. Awful. AWFUL.
  18. Mixed a protein shake in a mason jar. It looked like baby puke in that jar and it became even more less appealing than it normally is.


That's as far as I've made it. I'll keep you posted on the rest of my misfortunes. Through all of this, however, I have maintained a joyful attitude because this is a day the Lord has made, so I will rejoice and be glad in it! Hope you're having a quacktastic day.

Habakkuk 3:18
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

1 comment: