Sunday, October 24, 2010

And so it begins. . .


What better way to avoid the mountains of homework, beckoning me back to my desk, than to start a blog? You'd think that after being at college for over two years I'd have it all figured out. Not even close. The only thing college has taught me is to avoid swans and how to procrastinate like a champ.  No joke - I have a rough draft for my art history class due on Wednesday and a presentation for a literature class due Friday, neither of which have been started. Should I get cracking? Yes. Will I? Probably not. I get drawn in to other things, like playing Lion King on SNES or watching reruns of Cheers. Quality, right? 


I think, if anything, college has turned me into a bum. I don't remember being this person in high school, but I also don't remember a lot from high school. I feel like once I finish school work, I'll be a straight-up, grown person. And do I know what I'm doing with my life? Absolutely not. The first thing I remember wanting to be was a dinosaur. I chased that dream for a solid year and a half, but I haven't done anything since. And at 20, I don't think it's appropriate for me to take up walking around on my tip-toes, roaring and causing ruckus. 
                                                    
But that's what I do - I have a goal in mind for a short period of time, and drop it when I get to close to reaching it and get scared. (That's not really the case with the dino thing; I got really disheartened when I didn't  see any progress.) The thing is, I know that God will do something with my life, regardless of my procrastination. If He wants it to happen, He'll make it happen no matter how much I drag my feet. God's pretty cool like that. But the future is scary even if you have faith in Him - what if what He gives you passed by without you realizing it? Maybe I should have chased that dinosaur thing . . . He wouldn't do that to me.

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE walk around on your tip toes, roaring, and causing a ruckus!

    ReplyDelete